I’ve been memed! As Yglesias points out, “five things most people don’t know about you” is a bit ambiguous. If “most people” is constrained even as loosely as “most readers of this blog,” then that’ll be pretty much everything wide of my political views and maybe musical taste. If it’s meant to mean “most people I know personally”… well, hell, why would I share that sort of stuff with a bunch of strangers on the Internets? But let’s see what I can scrounge up:
- “Julian” isn’t actually my first, or even my second name: My birth certificate reads “Miguel Frederick Julian Sanchez.”
- The song “Barbie Girl” will make me cry.
- Despite my less-than-athletic lifestyle, I was actually a damn good skier once upon a time.
- In my teens, I believed that private property was theft and Noam Chomsky was right about most things.
- I’ve had Tinea versicolor, a harmless skin condition that looks slightly like Trill spots, on my upper torso for about 15 years. It’s easily curable, but I thought it was sort of interesting and never bothered to get rid of it.
I’ll tag Will Wilkinson, Steve Maloney, Rachel Kramer Bussel, Jim Henley, and Justin Logan.